Have you bought your mom a Mother's Day gift yet? Instead of going with the classic bouquet of flowers or box of candy, why not get your mom something that will help improve her sleep? These five presents will make her smile and help her feel well rested for days to come.
- Lavender hand lotion: Certain scents, like lavender, can reduce stress and lead to deeper sleep when smelled at bedtime. If your mom isn’t into lotion, a lavender-scented candle or pillow spray can be just as beneficial and will look beautiful on her nightstand.
- Chamomile tea: A box of chamomile tea can encourage your mom to sip on a cup before bed—something that will help her relax. To make the gift look even prettier, you could place teabags into some beautiful china teacups, put them in a basket or on a platter together, and then wrap the whole thing in colorful, see-through cellophane.
- A bedtime fan: Warm weather is on the horizon, so a well designed fan for your mom’s bedroom might make the perfect gift. It will help cool the room (people sleep better in a colder environment) and the white noise that the fan makes can be soothing and help drown out more startling outdoor noises, like sirens or dogs barking.
- A gift certificate to a yoga studio: Having a regular yoga practice can help improve sleep—it can help quiet the mind as much as it relaxes the body. And she'll be stronger and more flexible to boot!
- A new set of sheets: Nothing will make your mom more excited to get into bed than a set of brand new sheets. What to look for? Keep the thread count between 200 and 400 (anything higher can trap body heat) and pick natural fabrics like cotton, linen, and bamboo, since they can wick away perspiration while she sleeps.