Hotels With the Most Comfortable Beds
Whether traveling for business or a weekend getaway, you may look forward to a great night’s sleep at your hotel. However, that comfort can be hard to come by. Most travelers report sleeping less well at a hotel compared to their home (1). Some develop travel insomnia or have difficulty managing their existing sleep disorders during travel.
A number of factors affect your comfort in a hotel room. The unfamiliar setting keeps part of your brain alert and vigilant (2) at night. Noises from the hallway, ice machines, and housekeeping can disrupt your sleep. It’s also possible that the pillows, room temperature, or lighting may not match your preferences.
Then, of course, there is the hotel bed itself. Old and lower-quality mattresses can lead to restless sleep. On the other hand, a high-quality hotel mattress can help improve the quality of sleep received (3).
The quality of a room (4) is often a determining factor for both business and leisure travelers when selecting a hotel. Hotels are stepping up their room and mattress options accordingly. We’ll highlight which hotels have the best mattresses for their guests.
The Westin has its own pillow-top mattress called The Heavenly Bed (5). The exclusive mattress was first released in 1999 (6). Now, the 12.5-inch mattress (7) is available in every Westin Hotel globally. Westin's mattress has a plush top layer and reinforced edges.
In the hotel, Westin bedding (8) includes two feather and down pillows, two down alternative pillows, and a boudoir pillow. Additionally, guests can settle in under 200 thread count cotton blend sheets, a down blanket, and a down alternative duvet. Both the mattress and the bedding are available for purchase on the hotel’s online store.
Westin Hotels also offer Sleep Well Lavender Balm and a menu of sleep-enhancing foods.
The Signature Four Seasons Mattress incorporates temperature-regulated technology (9) to help provide a cool night’s sleep. Individually pocketed coils limit motion transfer, which minimizes sleep disturbances for those who share the bed. The individually pocketed coils also help the bed conform to your body (10).
The Signature Four Seasons Mattress and bedding are also available for home purchase. Shoppers have their choice of three firmness levels for the mattress, which is customized with an interchangeable mattress topper.
Exclusive to Marriott Hotels are two types of mattresses. The Marriott Bed is a medium firm foam mattress (13) with a 9-inch profile. The Marriott Innerspring Bed (14) stands at 12 inches and has reinforced edges.
Also exclusive to the hotels is the Marriott Pillow (15), made of a blend of down and lyocell fibers. In the hotels, four of these pillows sit atop their Signature Linens (16), which include a down duvet cover and white, 300 thread count sheets made of a cotton blend with a percale weave.
The Ritz-Carlton has its own exclusive mattress in its hotels, which is also available for purchase online. With gel-infused foam, individually encased coils, and reinforced edges, the Ritz-Carlton Bed (17) is designed to regulate temperature and minimize sleep disturbances.
In the hotel, the mattress is softened with a featherbed topper (18). The hotel uses 400 thread count sheets, a down-blend duvet (19), and Ritz-Carlton Pillows. The pillows are filled with a blend of down and lyocell fiber (20).
+ 20 Sources
- 1. Accessed on February 26, 2021.https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/15022250.2015.1074938
- 2. Accessed on March 9, 2021.https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27112296/
- 3. Accessed on February 26, 2021.https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/12799934/
- 4. Accessed on February 26, 2021.https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0261517799000709
- 5. Accessed on February 26, 2021.https://westin.marriott.com/wellness/sleep-well/
- 6. Accessed on February 26, 2021.https://www.westinstore.com/westin-heavenly-bed.aspx
- 7. Accessed on February 26, 2021.https://www.westinstore.com/product.aspx?Mattress-Box-Spring
- 8. Accessed on February 26, 2021.https://www.westinstore.com/product.aspx?Hotel-Bed-Bedding-Set
- 9. Accessed on February 26, 2021.https://www.fourseasons.com/magazine/rejuvenate/hotel-beds/
- 10. Accessed on February 26, 2021.https://shop.fourseasons.com/collections/signature-sleep/products/signature-mattress
- 11. Accessed on February 26, 2021.https://shop.fourseasons.com/collections/signature-sleep/products/four-seasons-signature-sleep-collection
- 12. Accessed on February 26, 2021.https://shop.fourseasons.com/collections/pillows-collection
- 13. Accessed on February 26, 2021.https://www.shopmarriott.com/product.aspx?Foam-Mattress-Box-Spring-Set
- 14. Accessed on February 26, 2021.https://www.shopmarriott.com/product.aspx?Innerspring-Mattress-Box-Spring-Set
- 15. Accessed on February 26, 2021.https://www.shopmarriott.com/product.aspx?the-marriott-pillow
- 16. Accessed on February 26, 2021.https://www.shopmarriott.com/product.aspx?signature-linen-set
- 17. Accessed on February 26, 2021.https://www.ritzcarltonshops.com/product.aspx?mattress-boxspring
- 18. Accessed on February 26, 2021.https://www.ritzcarltonshops.com/product.aspx?featherbed
- 19. Accessed on February 26, 2021.https://www.ritzcarltonshops.com/product.aspx?the-ritz-carlton-duvet
- 20. Accessed on February 26, 2021.https://www.ritzcarltonshops.com/product.aspx?the-ritz-carlton-pillow
Get ready for takeoff—and truly restful shut-eye—on these carriers. Hopping on a plane can bring excitement and joy—that is, unless you’re trying to get some sleep crunched into a tiny…
Planning to bring your baby on your next trip? Get your little one to sleep through travel with these tips.
Jet lag occurs when a person's internal clock conflicts with environmental cues like the sun rising or setting. This condition usually affects people who travel across many time zones. Most people who experience jet lag feel excessively fatigued or sleepy in a new time zone.